ERGOSE is to declare the next phase of the proceeds for six pending railway development tenders
It is been reminded that the railway projects refer to the connection of the main ports with the railway network.
The second phase of the six tenders for the largest railway project in the history of the country, amounting to € 4 billion, is expected shortly.
It is been reminded that the railway projects refer to the connection of the main ports with the railway network, upgrading their commercial and strategic role, as they strengthen the cross-border railway connection with the Balkans and Southeastern Europe.
The projects are comprised as follows,
1. Completion of a new double railway line Kiato - Patras in the section Rio - New Port of Patras,
2. Construction of a new suburban railway line in the section from the Koropi junction to Lavrio and the port of Lavrio,
3. Construction of a new suburban railway line for the connection of Rafina and the port of Rafina with the existing railway network,
4. Construction of a new railway line Thessaloniki - Toxotes,
5. Upgrading of the existing railway line with doubling, installation of signaling-ETCS and electricity in the section Alexandroupoli - Ormenio, files of expression of interest were submitted by three candidate groups: AVAX SA - ALSTOM Transport S.A., TERNA SA - INTRAKAT and AKTOR SA - MYTILINEOS SA
6. For the project concerning the railway connection of the 6th pier of the port of Thessaloniki and the construction of a suburb of Western Thessaloniki, files of expression of interest were submitted by four candidate groups: AVAX SA. - ALSTOM Transport S.A., TERNA SA, AKTOR SA - MYTILINEOS SA and INTRAKAT SA.