FDI in Greece has been consistently directed into real estate during the last four years
This quality result does not only refer to 2021, but also to data for foreign direct investments in Greece during the last 4 years.
Foreign Direct Investment in Greece in 2021 has been particularly directed into the real estate sector (real estate management and private real estate sales) according to Eurobank's recent analysis bulletin "7 Days Economy".
In particular the report unveils that the sectors of economic activity with the highest shares of total foreign direct investments in Greece in 2021, were the following:
- real estate management €1,233.1 million,
- private real estate transactions € 709.9 million,
- financial and insurance activities € 570.8 million,
- Manufacturing € 521.4 million,
- trade, repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles € 429.9 million,
- electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply € 392 , 0 million,
- information and communication € 334.4 million,
- professional, scientific and technical activities € 268.2 million,
- transport and storage € 111.6 million and
- accommodation and catering services activities € 91.2 million
This quality result does not only refer to 2021, but also to data for foreign direct investments in Greece during the last 4 years. Specifically, in the 4 years from 2018 to 2021, foreign direct investments in real estate activities in Greece, have on average been quadrupled relative to the four years from 2014 to 2017 (from € 410 million to € 1,733 million or 20% of the total foreign direct investment at 44.0%).