ERGOSE and the Hellenic Minisrty of Infrastructure launch the largest railway project in the country
The projects that are being under development by the Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport in collaboration with ERGOSE.
The Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport, in collaboration with ERGOSE, is launching the largest railway project in the country, amounting to € 4 billion.
These projects will connect major ports in Greece (Thessaloniki, Patras, Alexandroupoli, Lavrio and Rafina) with the railway network.
In this way, they change the transport map, upgrade the commercial and strategic scope of the ports, facilitate the connection of our country with the rest of Southeastern Europe and strengthen its international role.
ERGOSE’s Board have already approved the documents of invitation to submit an expression of interest, setting in motion the first phase of the Competition.
In detail the projects under development are as follows:
- Upgrading of the existing one with doubling and installation of signaling - ETCS and electrification of the railway line in the section Alexandroupoli - Ormenio, with a budget of €1.07 billion.
- Construction of a new railway line Thessaloniki - Toxotes, with a budget of €1.68 billion .
- Railway connection of the 6th pier of the port of Thessaloniki & construction of a suburban West Thessaloniki, with a budget of €53.4 million.
- Construction of a new suburban railway line in the section from the Koropi junction to Lavrio and the port of Lavrio, with a budget of €390.5 million.
- Construction of a new suburban railway line for the connection of Rafina and the port of Rafina with the existing railway network, with a budget of €308.6 million.
- Completion of the new double railway line Kiato-Patra in the section Rio-new port of Patras, with a budget of €476.5 million.
All projects will be auctioned with all their sub-projects (infrastructure, infrastructure, electrification and systems), so that upon delivery for use they are immediately operational.